Problems Reloading

From: Jerod Santo <jerod.santo#gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:33:03 -0600

I am just getting started with haproxy and want to use it to do content-switching. I'm having a little trouble reloading configuration changes with my current config because when I execute the following command:  haproxy -f /etc/haproxy/haproxy.conf -p $(</var/run/haproxy-private.pid) -st $(</var/run/haproxy-private.pid)

I get this error:

Starting frontend the_proxy: cannot bind socket

some of my config settings are:

global

  daemon

  quiet

  pidfile /var/run/haproxy-private.pid

  maxconn 4096

defaults

  mode http
  clitimeout 60000
  srvtimeout 30000

  contimeout 4000
  option httpclose

I then go on to define a frontend and a few backends. Any idea why I can't reload the config without manually killing and starting haproxy? Thanks

Almost forgot!

haproxy-1.3.15.7
Ubuntu 7.10 with 2.6.22-15 kernel

Jerod Santo