Re: haproxy configuration for load balancing

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:42:17 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 06:53:16PM +0530, vaibhav pol wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am using ajaxterm service on loadbalncer where i setup haproxy and i
> want to balance this web terminal service which running on the 8022 port
> when client wants to connect to the this service it has to redirect to one
> of the two other server . here is configure file . I think somewhere is
> wrong please help me to correct this .
> Thanks in advance .
>
> #haproxy.conf
>
> global
> log 127.0.0.1 local0
> log 127.0.0.1 local1 notice
> maxconn 4096
> chroot /var/lib/haproxy
> user haproxy
> group haproxy
> daemon
> #debug
> #quiet
>
> defaults
> log global
> mode http
> option httplog
> option dontlognull
> option redispatch
> retries 3
> maxconn 2000
> contimeout 5000
> clitimeout 50000
> srvtimeout 50000
>

> listen http 198.168.2.16:8022
> mode tcp
> option tcplog
> balance roundrobin
> server web1 13.1.1.3:8022 check
> server web2 13.1.1.4:8022 check
>

> when i started webservice on port 8022 and after that i started the haproxy
> it through error is address can't bind .

Precise error message might help a lot. There is no such thing as troubleshooting approximate errors.

Are you sure that your local address really is "198.168.2.16" ? I'd suspect it is in fact "192.168.2.16" and you mistyped it. When a daemon in general tells you it cannot bind, it means that your server does not own the IP address you want to bind to.

In case of doubt, please check your IP address using "ip a" or "ifconfig -a".

Willy Received on 2009/01/21 20:42