Connection Errors

From: John Lauro <john.lauro#covenanteyes.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:22:07 -0500

Hello,

I am using version 1.3.15.7 with kernel 2.6.28.2 in TPROXY mode. (I think getting transparent proxy working took 3 times as long as simply getting Haproxy working).

I am having problems with loopback type definition now.

Under "defaults application TCP" I have: source ww.xx.yy.zz usesrc client

Then, under various ports I have stuff like:

listen slave-8522

        bind :8522

        maxconn 6000

        server ..

        server ..

        server anyport 127.0.0.1:8527 maxconn 500 backup

and also:

listen anyport

        bind :8527

        server .

The problem is, anyport as a fallback doesn't work anymore. A work around appears to be to move the source line from defaults application TCP, and place it under all listen sections (except for anyport). I tried various values for source under "listen anyport" such as 0.0.0.0:0, and source ww.xx.yy.zz, but it didn't help. It appears, once usesrc is set as default, it can't be unspecified?

I would prefer not to use the work around, as it makes the configuration file less generic, and prone more to error when transferring the configuration to a box with a different IP. (Several lines to changes instead of one near the top). Received on 2009/02/09 17:22