Help - IIS7 Authentication / Impersination

From: Deon van Wyngaard <Deon.vanWyngaard#momentum.co.za>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:14:49 +0200

Hi

I hope some can assist me or direct me in the correct direct regarding the below issue:

Scenario:

We have a application that we are hosting on an IIS box. The application will intern query a 2 application hosted on an IIS box. The path from the 1st application to the second application is via HAProxy.

The authentication from the first to the second happens with explicit credentials. When calling the second applcaiton without HAPROXY all works 100%, but when redirecting all queries via HAproxy the IIS response is challenge. Or in the log you will see http 401.. which is authentication required.

My question:

Doesnt haproxy just pass on the session to the backend server?

Any idees ?

Regards,

Deon

An http request will hit an an IIS servers

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com