Re: HAProxy on VMWare ESX/vSphere proxying TS?

From: Guillaume Bourque <guillaume.bourque#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:18:24 -0400

Hi Paul,

I'm running haproxy in a ubuntu server vm ( JEOS 8.04 ) on top of vmware server wich is over centos 64 bit. and and I have the same vm over ESX environnement. All those vm are in a NO motion configuration ;-)

since we dont have the vmotion licence here how we do it.  We have 2 identicals vm with haproxy on it and keepalive deamon to make sure the service Ip is always running on one vm at the time.

In case vm1 goes down vm2 is ready to continue the haproxy trafic. RDP client will get dsconnecterd, but they will get auto reconnect to the same server. It is not perfect but work pretty well for us it has been running on 1 site for over 1 years with 80 users and for 2 months on a 200 users setup.

Voilà

I know I'm not anwsering exactly your question but since I saw nobody else i tought it would be good to know !

Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
consultant, infrastructures technologiques libres