Re: Balancing bytes in/out

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:36:29 +0200

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:32:40AM +0800, Nelson Serafica wrote:
> Its only http and https. The site is not a forum but a site with a lots of
> transaction such as accounting, etc.
>
> When I tried to use leastconn, it affects some transaction such as
> authentication. backend says he was successfully disconnected while the web
> interface says he was still logon so I revert to round-robin and everything
> back to normal except not balance bytes or traffic.

The load-balancing algorithm cannot have such an impact on the functional behaviour of the site. Either all algos fail (with varying failure rates) or all work. Your description makes me think that your site may require persistence, and that using a different algo most often hides a pending issue. You'd better double check before you're hit by a bigger problem !