Re: Small patch for the "appsession" feature

From: Aleksandar Lazic <al-haproxy#none.at>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:04:17 +0100

On Mon 16.11.2009 10:22, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:08:56AM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

[snipp]

>> For me both looks ok, mybe we use
>>
>> appsession-option
>> or
>> app-op (=> for abbreviation ;-) )
>>
>> Due to the fact that not only the cookie is relevant for the
>> application session.
>
>OK but then I'd prefer the long form. We've had too many trouble with
>abbreviations that nobody (including me) is able to spell correctly.

Ok.

>> How about to add also a
>>
>> app* delimiterstart (default ;)
>> app* delimiterstop (defautl =)
>
>I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Could you give an example
>of configuration using this ?

For example:

if in the url the delimiter changes from ';' to ',' then you should set the following

appsession-option delimiterstart ,

and the end point is not '=' it is ';' then you should set the following

appsession-option delimiterstop ;

A better case is the BEA 'Cookie'.

JSESSIONID=GyvN6gTy7LKR2tyXDHvSzBhCfNH34YMG2f60xhVkXJNrrs5QvMjx!1267565914 So the appsession-option delimiterstop is '!'.

But maybe it can be handled with the length.

After this talk I think the usecase is solved with the current available options.

Ok, lets keep it in mind maybe someone else find a better usecase so that we can decide it better if we should add this options or not.

BR

Aleks Received on 2009/11/16 13:04