RE: Preventing bots from starving other users?

From: John Lauro <john.lauro#covenanteyes.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:43:29 -0500

Oopps, my bad... It's actually tc and not iptables. Google tc qdisc for some info.

You could allow your local ips go unrestricted, and throttle all other IPs to 512kb/sec for example.

What software is the running on? I assume it's not running under apache or there would be some ways to tune apache. As other have mentioned, telling the crawlers to behave themselves or totally ignore the wiki with a robots file is probably best.