HAProxy + Heartbeat

From: Daniel Storjordet <daniel#storjordet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:06:35 +0100

Hi!

HaProxy is great!

We have 2 servers running VMWare ESXi, each having a CentOS with HaProxy and Windows 2008 virtual machines. The 2nd innstallasjon of CentOS with HaProxy has been lying dormant for awhile but now it is time to try to setup heartbeat so we can benefit from high availability. I have been using the this guide:
http://www.howtoforge.com/high-availability-load-balancer-haproxy-heartbeat-debian-etch

Our configuration differs however from the examples. Both our CentOS installations have 2 network cards. One for internet and one for local communication in between servers. The internet network adapter (eth2) is the one who has the shared internet ip, while the local (eth3) has the local ip.

The questions is if I have to change some of the values of ha.cf from eth3 to eth2 (Current version below):

keepalive 2
deadtime 10
udpport 694
bcast eth3