question regarding maxconn/ weight

From: Corin Langosch <corinl#gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:50:46 +0200

Hi!

I wonder how maxconn and weight (both in a server statement) exactly interact. The docs in section 5 says about maxconn:

> If the number of incoming concurrent requests goes higher than this value, they will be queued, waiting for a connection to be released.

But know I wonder where the requests get queued: 1. in the queue of this specific server - the request has to wait 2. in the global queue - other free servers can serve this request immediately

My test config contains 2 servers: one with one cpu the other with 4 cpus. Rigth now I simply set maxconn to the cpu count of each server. The weight is the same for both.

I guess if queueing works according to 1. this config is bad and I'll have to adjust the weights too.
I guess if queueing works according to 2. this config is perfectly fine - right?

Thanks,
Corin Received on 2010/04/28 08:50