Re: Solaris x86 tuning...

From: Jason J. W. Williams <jasonjwwilliams#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:52:30 -0600

Hi Matt,

I'm new to HAProxy myself, but I'm going to guess it does NOT have support for event-ports (Solaris' version of epoll or kqueues) which means it's going to use poll() and be much less performant. It's pretty much impossible to do efficient asynchronous network servers without epoll, kqueue or event-port support depending on your OS.

-J