Re: Solaris x86 tuning...

From: Matt Banks <mattbanks#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:10:11 -0600

FWIW, I appreciate the response, but I'm not sure how event-ports, epoll vs poll and select is going to cause load times to increase for us by 500% with one client hitting haproxy vs that same one client hitting apache directly. I can see it having a negative effect with a heavy load (exclusively) but that (to me - I claim no expertise in the matter) doesn't explain the performance hit of one single client loading one web page.

matt