Re: HAProxy on GuruPlug-Server

From: Guillaume Bourque <guillaume.bourque#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:28:33 -0400

Hello

Have you guys try these boxes ?

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/purchase/order-fit-pc2i/

I'm not related to this company but we have installed ~ 10 of those and they are working like a charm with ubuntu server 7 and 8.

Just for fun ....

We have chose the one with a hard drive (fit-PC first version at that time) and since its used in critical env for us and without any screen and in remote location we were worry of what would happened in case the unit lost power, will it reboot ?

So before putting those unit into production we did some power tests ...

I did the power failure test with an X10 device and follow the result in Zenoss and the unit did more then 300 power off ( not a clean shutdown just power off when fully booted in normal mode) and restart without any issue

So we have deploy those unit and for us they do the work ...

Hope not to be too disturbing !

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
consultant, infrastructures technologiques libres !