Re: Interest in patch for web interface to enable/disable servers

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 06:19:46 +0200

Hi Cyril,

that's nice that you reviewed the patch because I finally did not have the time for this yet.

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 11:18:02PM +0200, Cyril Bonté wrote:
> 3. I'm not fond of the colored buttons used to enable/disable the servers. I
> guess that some users will mistakenly click on this mysterious square. I don't
> know if others agree with that.

I agree with that, that was one of my concerns too. I've thought about it a bit and now I think that one of the safest ways to change a server status would be to proceed somewhat like we do in webmails to remove mails :

The advantages are that it is not too much annoying for the user and that it avoids unexpected state changes.