RE: Fronting RMI servers with haproxy

From: John Marrett <JMarrett#mediagrif.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:34:17 -0400

Barak,

> listen RMI 10.80.0.55:3305
>
> mode tcp
>
> option httpchk

I doubt that your RMI server is responding that well to your httpchk.

If you enable the stats page and access it (or perhaps the control socket), I suspect that you'll see that your backend server is marked as down. Once you have the backend server up things may work a little better.

You'll need to set up the stats socket on another port from your RMI port. You should check out the docs [1], search for the string stats uri and you'll find a little configuration example.

[1] http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/doc/configuration.txt

-JohnF Received on 2010/07/15 15:34