Re: Interest in patch for web interface to enable/disable servers

From: Judd Montgomery <judd#jpilot.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:00:08 -0400

On 07/15/2010 06:18 PM, Cyril Bonté wrote:
> Hi Judd and Willy,
>

> That was the idea !
> I had not much time to work on the code but here is a short status :
> 1. Now there's a checkbox in front of each server (unchecked by default) and a
> select box per backend to choose the action (currently disable/enable) with an
> "apply" button. Only checked servers are modified.

So, instead of "point and click" it is "point and click, point and click." As long as the steps don't include "Page Judd" it serves my needs :-)

> 2. In another thread (http-ecv-checks patch), you recalled that dynamic memory
> allocation outside of pools was unwanted, so I modified the code to remove
> strndup/free calls (only alter the buffer to delimit the strings).
>
> Next steps :
> - Tonight, I encountered an issue while performing tests with curl which sends
> a "Except: 100-Continue" in long POST requests, I have to fix this.
> - I'll have to check there's no buffer overflow and stress this code to ensure
> it can't segfault (currently, I know this can happen)
> - As soon as this part becomes stable, I'll work on the conditions to
> allow/disallow this admin feature.
>
> If someone has some other suggestions, they're welcome. And thanks again to
> Judd for the initial patch !

No problem. I you need me to do more let me know. I can probably find some time. I'd be happy to test what you have also. It would be great if this got into the code base.

Judd Received on 2010/07/16 06:00