acl matching cookies

From: Anze <anzenews#volja.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:10:21 +0200

Hi all!

I hope this is not too "newbie" question, but... is it possible to redirect to a specified backend whenever a predefined value is found in a cookie? (or at least, when a predefined cookie is found at all?) I have read through the docs and ACLs don't seem to be able to match the cookies...

I am trying to find a way to test new versions of my app (final checks) before they go live.

The idea was this:
- remove check.txt, thus taking server down

Is this possible?
1) can haproxy redirect to "down" server? 2) can it redirect based on a cookie? (I wouldn't want to hardcode IPs and URLs can't be changed)

How do others cope with the problem of upgrading the app? I would appreciate some ideas.

Thanks,

Anze Received on 2010/07/24 15:10