Re: rate limit by virtual host

From: Fabien Germain <fabien.germain#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:07:31 +0200

Hello Kyle,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Kyle Brandt <kyle#stackoverflow.com> wrote:

> There are new rate liming features that have been introduced into the 1.5
> dev builds. I am using them in production and it has been stable for me. I
> wrote a introduction to some of the features at
> http://blog.serverfault.com/post/1016491873/better-rate-limiting-for-all-with-haproxywhich might be helpful to you. The updated documentation of course goes
> into more detail.

Yes I already read your tutorial, thanks a lot for that ! Actually we'd use it to rate limit requests by domains on a webhosting cluster, so there would be several thousands entries : the goal would be to have a generic way to handle them, instead of using thousands of backends. And as far as I understood, it's not yet possible.

Fabien Received on 2010/09/20 17:07