STunnel and Ubuntu Lucid Packaging

From: Alan Gutierrez <alan#prettyrobots.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:55:45 -0500

I'm to understand that in order to use HAProxy with SSL, you need to put something like STunnel in front of HAProxy to decrypt the SSL stream. I suppose you could also use nginx, STunnel is more flexible and could decrypt other protocols besides HTTP.

The current version of STunnel requires a patch to include the X- Forwarded-For header when the request is an HTTPS request.

I'm developing an application stack for Node.js and I want to support WebSockets. I'm developing for Ubuntu and it would be preferable to use the stunnel4 package in Ubuntu, but it seems that a patch is required to add the X-Forwarded-For header to make full use of HAProxy.

Questions:

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@prettyrobots.com - http://twitter.com/bigeasy