RE: mode tcp with mode http/shoutcast radio issue

From: Florescu, Dan Alexandru <Alexandru.Florescu#rompetrol.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:13:53 +0200

This worked.
Thanks for the help Willy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Willy Tarreau []
Sent: Friday 11, March 03, 2011 10:39
To: Florescu, Dan Alexandru
Cc: haproxy#formilux.org
Subject: Re: mode tcp with mode http/shoutcast radio issue

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:41:49PM +0200, Florescu, Dan Alexandru wrote:
> This works. Problem is that I cannot use acl's like the following:
> hdr(User-Agent) -i WinampMPEG/5.60
> hdr(Host) -i 80.86.106.35
>
> I guess this is because it receives the tcp stream and doen't analyze headers anymore.

If the requests are enough HTTP compliant, then you might be able to use the above in TCP mode provided you wait for a complete HTTP request. It works like this :

   acl winamp hdr(User-Agent) -i WinampMPEG/5.60

   tcp-request inspect-delay 5s
   tcp-request content accept if HTTP
   use-backend XXX if winamp ...

The idea is that the "tcp-request accept" ACL will wait until the contents parse as a valid HTTP request (at most 5s). Once this is OK, the ACLs relying on headers will be able to match.

Regards,
Willy

The information contained herein is intended for its addressee(s) only and it is privileged or otherwise confidential. Any unauthorized distribution, amendment or disclosure hereof is strictly forbidden by the law. Please find complete and translated versions at http://www.rompetrol.com/disclaimer.html Received on 2011/03/11 14:13