mode tcp with mode http/shoutcast radio issue

From: Florescu, Dan Alexandru <Alexandru.Florescu#rompetrol.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:41:49 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to use:
frontend front
mode http

and
backend web
mode http

backend radio
mode tcp

But will error with Unable to use proxy with wrong mode, required: http, has: tcp. Ok, this is understandable, so I changed to: frontend front
mode tcp

and
backend web
mode http

backend radio
mode tcp

This works. Problem is that I cannot use acl's like the following: hdr(User-Agent) -i WinampMPEG/5.60
hdr(Host) -i 80.86.106.35

I guess this is because it receives the tcp stream and doen't analyze headers anymore. So I tried to match at destination ip using dst 80.86.106.35.
This also fails because I am using a proxy, and the connection is in fact being addressed to the proxy ip, not the external host that I am trying to contact. If I use dst $proxy_ip, it matches. But it matchess _ALL_ connections, and I want to separate http ones from radio streaming.

Also, trying to use mode http for the backend radio will give me 502 Bad Gateway errors when trying to connect to Shoutcast radio servers. mode tcp is the only way I could make it work. Also found a patch for haproxy+icey but I'm not very keen on recompiling.

Any ideas?

The information contained herein is intended for its addressee(s) only and it is privileged or otherwise confidential. Any unauthorized distribution, amendment or disclosure hereof is strictly forbidden by the law. Please find complete and translated versions at http://www.rompetrol.com/disclaimer.html Received on 2011/03/09 15:41