X-Forwarded-For and option http-server-close

From: Dmitry Sivachenko <mitya#cavia.pp.ru>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:34:00 +0300

Hello!

We are using haproxy version 1.4.
We are trying to setup HTTP mode backend with support of HTTP keep-alive between clients and haproxy.
For that reason we add "option http-server-close" in backend configuration. But we also want to pass real client IP address in X-Forwarded-For header. For that reason we add "option forwardfor" in backend configuration.

What we observe is that these two options do not work together. If we enable HTTP keep-alive, haproxy stops adding X-Forwarded-For header.

From the other hand, if we setup nginx as proxy server instead of haproxy, we get both HTTP keep-alive and correct X-Forwarded-For header.

What are the reasons to not allow both freatures to work together?

Thanks in advance! Received on 2011/03/21 11:34