non-http load balancing configuration.

From: Larsen, Steen <steen.larsen#intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:30:15 -0700

Hi, I would like to do some performance testing without http in a configuration of 5 machines such as below using iperf:

ClientA --- LB1 ---ServerA

ClientB -- - ServerB

The load balancer routes between two subnets, clients on one subnet and servers on the other subnet.

I would like to have two iperf server processes each listening on the same TCP socket number (i.e 5000).

When clientA starts a client session to the LB1 IP address, HAProxy relays to serverA. Later, when client starts an iperf client session to LB1, the proxy should use ServerB as a relay target. As clients and servers scale up in count, I presume a basic round-robin would work.

In the documentation and mailing list there is a lot of detail on http and security related proxy details, but I am not finding a clear description on setting up such a configuration. Any suggestions on config options are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Steen Received on 2011/04/29 20:30