Re: HAProxy Response time performance

From: Hervé COMMOWICK <hcommowick#exosec.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:06:03 +0200

Hello Matt,

You need to activate logging to see what occurs to your requests, you can use "halog" tool (in the contrib folder) to filter out fast requests.

Other things you can enable to reduce latency is : option tcp-smart-accept
option tcp-smart-connect

and finally you can test :
option splice-response
But this one will be dependent of your kind of traffic.

next release 1.4.16 have some improvements in latency (http://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg05080.html), i think you can give it a try, take the daily snapshot for this.

Regards,

Hervé.

--
Hervé COMMOWICK, EXOSEC (http://www.exosec.fr/)
ZAC des Metz - 3 Rue du petit robinson - 78350 JOUY EN JOSAS