Re: error with ipv6 backend www server

From: Brane F. Gračnar <brane.gracnar#najdi.si>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:23:39 +0200

On Wednesday 15 of June 2011 09:12:00 Willy Tarreau wrote:
> The server address syntax is :

> So you should have a colon and not a space before '80' :
>
> 3ffe:ffff:21da:7:3c06:7c4c:8215:2:80
>
> Note that the syntax is non-ambiguous because the last colon is mandatory
> before the port, so anything which is before the last colon is the address

Willy, i have a suggestion; what if server declaration would be changed to:

server [<ip_address>]:<port>
server [host.example.com]:port

That would be new, "preferred" format, while "old" one would be supported, but deprecated.

I think it would be trivial to implement and configuration would be much more readable.

The same with logs.

What do you think?

Best regards, Brane Received on 2011/06/15 10:23