Re: haproxy and amazon

From: Julien Vehent <julien#linuxwall.info>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:57:00 -0400

 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:16:59 +0200, Baptiste wrote:
> Hi gents,
>
> I'm looking for people who use haproxy on an amazon server.
> I'm more interested by the number of hit/s you could get.

 Compared to our multi-tomcat-jboss-ultra-threaded-and-locked  application (that doesn't seem to like EC2 too much), Haproxy is running  like a charm up there.
 As of hit/s, well, I've never managed to saturate haproxy before  saturating everything else in the chain, so I can't tell you.

 My (limited) experience of EC2 showed me that the bottleneck are  essentially a limited number of CPU (although quite beefy and not  applicable to haproxy), the EBS storage (also not applicable) and, if  you're not in a VPC, the network.
 If you have issues with the latest, try running in a VPC, it seems that  we are reaching between 1 and 1.5 gbps between instances in that env.

 Julien Received on 2011/06/24 13:57