Re: 5000 CPS for haproxy

From: carlo flores <carlo#petalphile.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 00:32:08 -0700

This is true; however, in application your first concern with the infrastructure is the first bottleneck, and (frankly) in many archotectures it's probably not (properly tuned) HAProxy. That's all I'm saying and again I understand why that's not relevant. I hope others on this list understand why I mention this when folks talk of benchmarks.

We are not yet ready to release our benchmark examples. This is Ops' (my) fault. We will, however, release them under our public repositories at https://github.com/borderstylo.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2011, Baptiste <bedis9#gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Carlo,
>
> Before testing the application itself, you must first test the
infrastructure ;)
> Once you know how much your infrastructure can deliver, then your
> bench makes sense.
> This is a step by step method, from the lower layer to the higher one.
>
> Before testing your application in a virtualized environment, you
> should bench it on physical servers.
> Because on a virtualized environment, you're sharing resources with
> anybody and the behavior may be odd under "heavy" load.
>
> By the way, do you have a few ruby examples, I'm interested by your
> way of testing applications.
> Long time ago, I used perl and libwww.
>
> cheers :)
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM, carlo flores <carlo#petalphile.com> wrote:
>> To add to this is a great automated tool and ideas from The Chicago
Tribune