Re: Haproxy and Ajax / HXR Post

From: Baptiste <bedis9#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 06:58:21 +0200

2011/10/9 Andreas Bergman <andreas#sea-ab.se>:
> Hi All,
> Earlier today we tried a emergency, not pre-tested LB solution for a
> customer, needless to say this didn't go very well.
> The LB part worked well, and most of the functions worked well, but among
> those who didn't work at all were Ajax HXR requests used to upload photos
> and registering to the site.
> We did a rollback and the site now works somewhat well.
> But, we need to figure out why the HXRs and most POST requests didn't work.
> I've seen in some threads that the HXR requests lacks a length header and
> therefore Nginx chokes and sends a 405/403.
> The setup used is Haproxy, Varnish and Nginx, but when we removed varnish it
> didn't work either, but using only varnish and Nginx works, but Haproxy and
> Nginx doesn't, that leads to the conclusion that it is something with HXR
> and Haproxy, probably a config-issue or something related to the HXR header.
> Any ideas? The config we used was pretty straightforward, we used keep alive
> thats it. (The LB machine is reinstalled so i haven' got the config anymore)
> Br
> Andreas Bergman

Hi,

Maybe you enabled "option http-server-close" or "option http-close".

In order to troubleshoot, we need at least the config and the logs :) Can you re-install an HAProxy and run some test again and share with us your config and the generated logs?

Note: you can do that out of production, just make HAProxy listen on an "exotic" port and point your own browser on it.

Regards Received on 2011/10/10 06:58