Re: syslogd dropping requests from haproxy

From: John Marrett <johnf#zioncluster.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:33:56 -0400

Willy,

> For high loads, I strongly recommend syslog-ng. It's the only one I
> found which managed to log more than 10000 logs/s without dropping
> any :
>
> http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng

Have you tested rsyslog? I've had bad experiences with syslog-ng dropping messages in the past, though the logging configuration was fairly complex.

It was at least able to report how many messages had been dropped. This was with an older version of syslog-ng as well.

-JohnF Received on 2011/10/15 15:33