simple failover is failing

From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr#jokefire.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:07:54 -0000 (UTC)

Hello List,

  I have a very simple HAProxy configuration that is balancing two web servers. This configuration was failing over from node 1 to node 2, and from node 2 to node 1.. but now the only node that displays the web sites is node 1. If node 1 is stopped and node 2 is the only load balancer running going to the urls that worked under node 1 displays page not found.

 This is a little puzzling because the configurations between the two nodes is identical. The only difference between the two configuration files are the node and description entries.

## lb1 haproxy config -- this load balancer works - it shows the sites

global

      log 127.0.0.1   local0
      log 127.0.0.1   local1 notice
      maxconn         384
      user  haproxy
      group haproxy
      noepoll
      daemon
      node lb1
      description jokefire lb 1
      spread-checks 5

defaults
      log     global
      mode    http
      option  httplog
      option  httpchk
      option  httpclose
      option  forwardfor
      option  redispatch
      retries 3
      contimeout      50000
      clitimeout      5000000
      srvtimeout      5000000
      stats uri /admin?stats
      #stats auth bluethundr:secret
      stats refresh 5s

frontend www 192.168.1.200:80
log global
default_backend app

backend app
log global
balance roundrobin
stats enable
cookie SERVERID insert indirect
option httpchk HEAD /check.txt HTTP/1.0
server web1 web1.summitnjhome.com:80 cookie A check maxconn 128 server web2 web2.summitnjhome.com:80 cookie B check maxconn 128

## lb2 haproxy config - this load balacer does not -- sites are page not found!

global

      log 127.0.0.1   local0
      log 127.0.0.1   local1 notice
      maxconn         384
      user  haproxy
      group haproxy
      noepoll
      daemon
      node lb2
[...]

## machine info

haproxy-1.3.25-1
CentOS release 5.7 (Final)
i686

Heartbeat is being provided by keepalived but that appears to be functioning well.

Well this is a slightly embarrassing situation but I greatly appreciate any help you may have to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Tim Received on 2011/10/15 18:07