Re: Slowness in establishing connections from ruby to Haproxy after upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.18

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:02:19 +0100

Hi again Tim,

I could finally successfully reproduce the issue. Eventhough the client's behaviour is sub-optimal, haproxy's behaviour in this case is inappropriate, so I fixed it with the attached patch. The principle is that we re-enable TCP quick-ack if we know that we're waiting for more data from the client (headers or body).

It fixes all the test cases for me without removing the optimization for the common case. So I'm merging it into 1.5 and 1.4.

Regards,
Willy