RE: HAPROXY Stats page

From: Lauro, John <jlauro#umflint.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:29:43 -0400

Hello,

. . .

> > PS: It would be nice if the check option warned about bad
> > configurations for new users like me:
> >
> > Setting the same cookie for more than one server. I was expecting
it
> > to load balance between the two, but instead no matter the weight,
> > etc... almost everything goes to the first. (Should be stated a
> > little clearer that each server should have a different cookie to
be
> > balanced, or no cookie at all).
>
> No, sometimes it is very useful for backup purposes. You can
dual-attach
> your servers very easily that way, and you can also manage to
perform
> soft-stops without breaking any connection using this feature. Check
the
> architecture manual for more information.

I understand that it is useful, but the impression I had from reading the
documentation, was that you would use the 'backup' option on it's server
line and can specify a cookie. It was unexpected that only one server is
used if they have the same cookie and no backup option.

Putting in 3 server lines, one with a 'backup' option, and all three with
the same cookie, only the first server line is used. Most of the examples
didn't give the same cookie to multiple servers. Received on 2007/10/09 14:29