Re: Need to update README.

From: Dan Zubey <dzubey#odysseyware.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:40:24 -0700

We may be talking about two different types of documentation.

I think we all realize that a community-edited wiki that provides hints and kinks would help everyone involved, and probably lessen the time to initially set up HAProxy for the new user.

There is also the official documentation that Willy creates for us and his commercial customers. That really is authoritative, but -understandably- the official docs suffer when Willy needs to spend time coding, and vice versa.

I think we can readily implement the first type of documentation, the question is can we migrate what Willy is doing to a wiki-type environment.

Anyways, what about making a wiki for user's hints and kinks on setup, and just converting Willy's doc every so often (monthly, quarterly, etc). That way Willy's workflow doesn't get interrupted. Having the official docs be immutable makes the process one-way, so Willy doesn't have to merge changes back in.

Thoughts?

-Dan Zubey