Re: Is the website down?

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:24:23 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:53:45AM +0200, Patrick Viet wrote:
> My gut says 'mtu 1492', 'tcp-mss' and all the adsl pppoe crap.
> Any chances you would be using pppoe and not pppoa, Willy ?

yes, but my pppoe is correctly configured :-) Even better, my MSS on HTTP is lowered to 512 so that I get better SSH latencies when people download from my site.

> Patrick
>
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Denis Brækhus <denis#linpro.no> wrote:
> > Actually I have seen weird behaviour from haproxy.1wt.eu too, and one of my
> > colleagues still has problems accessing the front-page. Sub-pages work fine
> > for him (the download page for example). I am on the exact same network
> > (down to the same desktop switch), and have no problems.
> >
> > Anything we can do to help you debug the problem?

Simply tell me the approximate date/time you encounter the problem, so that I can dig into my logs. I've already noticed a few 503 in the logs due to some people using download agents establishing large numbers of connections and saturating the backend server... This will change once I set per-IP connection limits.

Willy Received on 2008/05/20 10:24