Re: haproxy and compression... Anybody?

From: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:42:26 +0800

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world#gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks, Unai for the follow-up!!! You know what, I just did a dump myself,
> and unbelievably, this is happening here as well. What gives? Initially, I
> was thinking that perhaps you had haproxy in tcp mode, but no, even in mode
> http, this thing happens as well. I'm happy, obviously - although like you,
> I dont exactly get how this could be happening.. Any idea, Willy?

btw, did some thinking :), and I thought i might have the answer. Would it be safe to say (and i believe this is reasonable - I've been tracing down the code, but havent gotten to this bit yet :( ) that haproxy really doesnt do any reprocessing of the response body (only the headers), and so essentially, the gzipped content is "passed through" without modification (and the "Content-Encoding: gzip" header as well)? (I did see some mention of chunking in the docs, btw, but dont believe that haproxy does rechunking)

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not