Re: Logging Connections

From: Matthew Pettis <matthew.pettis#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:20:50 -0500

Hi Scott,

Thanks... I see that I am runnin syslogd like:

syslog 3230 1 0 03:44 ? 00:00:00 /sbin/syslogd -u syslog

reading the man page on syslogd, I see the -a option that specifies additional sockets it can be configured to listen on. Can you (or someone) tell me if this is the correct parameter to set, and what I should set it to to make it listen for log messages from the network?

Thanks,
Matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are broken
that we come to repair the world.