VIPs with haproxy

From: Joseph Hardeman <jhardeman#colocube.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:29:11 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed something strange, when I am using a VIP interface, haproxy appears to not to distribute the load between the web servers behind it evenly. When I hit the physical IP on that port, it doesn't have a problem. I am using the latest release of haproxy 1.3.15.5.

Has anyone had any experience with getting around this problem? We are looking at a VIP to handle heartbeat failover for haproxy.

Thanks

Joseph Hardeman

--
This message has been scanned for viruses by Colocube's AV Scanner