Duplicate checks in backup servers?

From: Pedro Mata-Mouros Fonseca <pedro.matamouros#sapo.pt>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:54:11 +0100

Greetings,

This is my first post into this mailing list, been following it for a few days. So, greetings from Portugal. I have a small doubt: I have a few backend sections defined in my haproxy.conf, one of each is composed of server1 to 4 - and all of them using the check keyword. In another backend I use those servers as backups to the main one, and my question is: do I have to explicitely specify check on these backups in order for this later backend to be aware of their health? Will this not double the healthchecks for them?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Pedro. Received on 2009/06/26 15:54