RE: An IE bug and HAproxy?

From: Balcoes <balcoes#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:44:57 +0300

Hello all. I would like to bring this old problem back to the discussion. The problem is that quite often, if IE uses POST method, the status line shows "Waiting for https://..." and after the timeout period server terminates the connection. The original post can be found at http://www.formilux.org/archives/haproxy/0905/2100.html. There are also Wireshark logs and my preliminary analysis of the logs.

The bug is usually reproducible with IE. And in addition it seems to happen only/more often if HAproxy redirects the browser to an external server (meaning that computer A has HAproxy & web server, and computer B has only web server. The problem arises most often if the browser uses web server B). It is hard to believe that I am the only one having this problem. The problem happened with version 1.3.18. Haven't tried v1.3.19, but the change log didn't indicate anything regarding this problem.

If anyone (Willy) need more information, logs etc. I will try happily produce them. ;)

Best regards, Balcoes Received on 2009/07/29 13:44