Re: Interest in patch for web interface to enable/disable servers

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:06:16 +0200

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:50:28AM -0600, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> My two cents for what it's worth...
>
> This would be a terrific feature and the one I miss the most from
> commercial load balancers. Makes taking real servers in and out of
> battery to test an issue simple.
>
> My recommendation would be to make the stats interface read-only by
> default, and allow read-write only if a "password" option is passed to
> the admin interface config line.

well, as a first step, I think that what we will do is implement an "admin" level for the stats, as we have on the unix socket, but require a password to be set when it is enabled. Then let's see how it can be simplified, as someone suggested that for tests purposes, having to set a password is cumbersome (which I agree with).