Re: loop in 1.5-dev4 ?

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:36:17 +0100

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:52:23PM +0100, Martin Kofahl wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried the following (shortened) configuration with the latest snapshot 1.5-dev4-20110317 and plain 1.5-dev4.
>
> frontend FRONT
> mode http
> bind 10.a.b.c:80
> default_backend BACK
>
> backend BACK
> mode http
> server DEF 10.d.e.f:80
>

> With 1.4 the backend works fine, but with 1.5-dev4 haproxy connects itself in stead of the backend. Can you please verify this behavior?

Sounds like the server's address was resolved as 0.0.0.0 and that the system is connecting to itself :-(

Could you please run that through strace and send the output. The only possible thing I see was that I broke something when merging the IPv6 work, maybe sometimes an address is not filled before a connect().

Also, having the full config will definitely help, it's possible that some parts of your global or defaults sections help reproducing the issue.

Thanks!
Willy Received on 2011/03/22 07:36